Dinners at the Yurt
As the sun sets and the moon rises bright above Crested Butte, the landscape turns into a luminescent wonderland. The snow sparkles, the trees cast their shadows, and the trail lies glistening before you. Only the swishing of your skis breaks the silence. To complete the feeling that you’ve gone through the back of the wardrobe, in the distance there’s a glowing light amongst the pines. As you draw nearer a ski rack and latticed windows become clear. Open the door to the yurt and suddenly the crisp, black and white world disappears and in its place you are surrounded by glowing wood and warmth. Glasses tinkle, friends laugh, and enticing aromas waft from the kitchen as you sit down to a gourmet meal. There’s no way to truly grasp the unique beauty of a special dinner at the Magic Meadows yurt than to experience it for yourself. Grab your friends and family, your skis or your snowshoes, and join us for one of these truly memorable dinners.
Guests ski or snowshoe out to the yurt at your own pace. The trail to the yurt is about a mile and is mostly level with a few rolling hills, taking about 30 minutes for most skiers. If you’re new to skiing, we suggest snowshoeing out there. If you’re unfamiliar with our trails, we can arrange for a guide to meet you at the trail-head at 5:30–just let us know if you’d like this service ahead of time. All the intersections on the trail to the yurt are lit with tiki torches so route finding is easier. We do recommend all guests bring a headlamp or flashlight. Feel free to stop by the Nordic Center ahead of time to pick up a map.
Space is limited for our Yurt Dinners and spots tend to go fast! New this year, make your reservations on line!
- December 23, Holiday Dinner
- December 28, Full Moon Yurt Dinner
- December 31, New Year’s Eve Dinner**
- January 26, Full Moon Dinner
- February 14, Valentine’s Dinner
- February 24, Full Moon Dinner
- March 26, Full Moon Dinner
- LOCATION: Magic Meadows Yurt
- TIME: Doors open at 6, dinner at 6:30PM
- $70/person for 5 course dinner (excludes alcohol and gratuity). Trail pass & ski/snowshoe rental are included, which are available any time the day of the event
- $35 for children (under 12)
- Wine and Beer available for purchase
- Gratuity not included
- RESERVATIONS: NEW THIS YEAR – online reservations available Click here or go to the drop down menu under Magic Meadows Yurt to reserve.
- MENU: Check out this season’s menu, with four entree options (including vegetarian fare).
** New Year’s Eve Doors open at 7PM Cost is $120 for Dinner & Party (includes Alcohol and Live Band) $90 if just doing dinner or $35 if just doing after party. Check out New Year’s Eve page for more information.
Reservations must be made 48 hours in advance.
Because of the challenging logistics of providing ski-in yurt dining, Yurt Dinner cancellations made 2 weeks (14 days) in advance of the scheduled event will not be charged. Cancellations made within 2 weeks (14 days) of the scheduled event will not be charged if their places can be re-booked. You will be charged in full for whatever spots cannot be re-booked. Thank you for understanding.